TRFC PADDY O'NEILL INDOOR FACILITY LEAGUE RULES
Rules for play at the Paddy O'Neill Indoor Facility at Riverwood Park are governed by FIFA rules with the following exceptions:
- Number of players:
- U10 and below play 8 v 8 (7 + keeper)
- U11 and above play 7 v 7 (6 + keeper)
- May be changed if both teams agree
- Substitutions are made on the fly - outgoing player MUST be off field before substitute player enters the match.
- No slide tackling
- All restarts resulting from fouls are indirect with the exception of fouls inside the penalty area
- Fouls inside the penalty area will result in a penalty kick which will be taken 12 yards away from the goal line.
- There is no offside rule.
- Any ball that touches the ceiling or lights will be a free kick for the opposing team at the spot where the ball touched the ceiling or lights. The curtain cable at mid field is in play.
- Goal keeper distribution on saves must remain in their own half of the field. If the ball goes over the mid-field line the restart will be a indirect free kick for the opposing team at mid-field.
- No punting or drop kicks. If the keeper punts or drop kicks the ball the restart will be a indirect free kick for the opposing team at mid-field.
- Goal kicks may not cross mid-field in the air. They must first be played in the team's own half of the field. If the goal kick does cross mid-field on the fly the restart will be a indirect free kick for the opposing team at mid-field.
- If a player commits a foul that results in a yellow card that player MUST SIT for 2 minutes before they re-enter the match. His/her team will play short for 2 minutes or until the opposing team scores a goal.
- Any player who receives a red card will serve a mandatory 1 match suspension (1st offence), 3 match suspension (2nd offence), season suspension (3rd offence).
- Games will be 45 minutes running clock. This may be modified by the indoor director.
- Fighting - There is a zero tolerance policy for fighting. ANY player, coach, parent or spectator who engages in fighting will be will be suspended from all remaining league games.
THE TRFC EXECUTIVE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THE RULES AT ANY TIME. ALL DECISIONS BY THE BOARD ARE FINAL.